Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I'm still here, El Guapo!"

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Rumors of my insanity, however, are actually pretty accurate. Nonetheless, here I am.

There is nothing earth-shattering to write about, but I felt in the mood. I'm currently listening to Miss Tennessee belting out some gosh awful operatic sounding tripe. You know, whoever decided that insanely high notes that are sustained for minutes at a time were actually pleasing to the ear is a moron. Seriously. I just don't get it. At all.

While we're on the subject of Things I Don't Get, I really don't know why my dear wife loves the Miss America pageant so much ("it's a scholarship program!") but I just shake my head and retreat to another room. Ogling fake, plastic-looking girls with painted on smiles in skimpy clothing just doesn't do it for me anymore. And no, I don't have to turn in my man card; I just grew up. Boo, scantily clad cuties. Hurray, wife.

It's been a nice couple of weeks. No major illnesses, fights, money issues, work problems, drunken Irish junkies, or other such catastrophes. The suspense is terrible; I hope it'll last.

I filed my taxes over a week ago, so I'm hopeful that next weekend we'll be able to conduct our yearly catching up on bills, paying down of debt, and shopping spree! Well, it's usually mainly for clothes and such, but there is the occasional luxury item. This year we're hoping for a Wii, but we'll see. I imagine my wife would rather see a reduction, not an increase, in the amount of gaming systems in the house. Truth be told, so would I, though I'm sure she would be shocked to hear it.

I'm trying to spend more time in worthwhile pursuits these days (he said while typing on the internet...), so I actually think that I would get rid of the PS2 if it weren't a DVD player. Ah well, perhaps we'll get a VCR/DVD combo in the future and I'll ditch it. The children need to go to bed, so I suppose I must away. Here's hoping it isn't the better part of half a year before my next post.

But don't hold your breath...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hrm . . . as shocking as this may be sir I agree with you on some points. I am tired of the plastic . . . those who would call us dogs for looking at a woman as an object yet at the same time use said woman "as an object" to promote the latest excersise program, swimwear line, lingerie line, . . . whatever. I just don't think women get it sometimes (my wife excluded here due to a LOT of honesty) on how such shows effect men. They expect us to be the boyscout Superman while waiving Kryptonite in our face.